Superalloys and the Elk Creek Project
See this video on the importance of superalloys and how NioCorp intends to produce three key superalloy metals from its Elk Creek Nebraska Superalloy Materials Project.
Replay of Live Webcast to Investors
See this replay of NioCorp's live webcast of November 9, 2017, which presents an update on the Company's Elk Creek Superalloy Materials Project.
NioCorp is developing North America's only niobium / scandium / titanium project. Located near Elk Creek, Nebraska, the Elk Creek Project is the highest grade niobium project in North America, as well as the largest prospective producer of scandium in the world. These elements are unique and valuable superalloy materials that are strategic and critical to many industries and national defense technologies.
NioCorp has released the results of the Elk Creek Feasibility Study, which you can see here. The Feasibility Study shows anticipated production of 7,055 tonnes per annum (tpa) of Ferroniobium, 103 tpa of Scandium Trioxide, and 11,445 tpa of Titanium Dioxide over its 32-year operating life. The Elk Creek Project is estimated to have pre-tax Net Present Value (NPV) of US$2.3 billion, with a pre-tax Internal Rate of Return (IRR) of 24.3%, and to generate gross Life Of Mine (“LOM”) revenue of $17.6 billion, with operating margin of $12.2 billion. These economics were calculated using an 8% discount rate.
To learn more about NioCorp, and its flagship Elk Creek Superalloy Materials Project:
- See this three-page backgrounder on the Project.
- Download a high-level summary of the Elk Creek Project Feasibility Study highlights.
- Download the full text of the Elk Creek Feasbility Study.
- See a video on the importance of superalloys and how NioCorp intends to make three key superalloy metals in its Elk Creek Superalloy Materials Project.
- See this video interview with NioCorp executives Mark Smith and Scott Honan.
- View the Company's most recent presentation here.
How To Get Updates
To stay abreast with developments on the Elk Creek Project, go here to sign up for our email updates.