What We Do
N is a publicly traded company that is developing the Elk Creek Project, a very large underground deposit in southeast Nebraska that is rich in Niobium, Scandium and Titanium – superalloy metals that have all been designated as “Critical Minerals” by the U.S. Government.
Our Company: At A Glance
- Tickers: TSX: NB / OTCQX: NIOBF
- Market Cap (02/1/2019): CAD $143 million
- Insider Ownership: ~11%
- Incorporated: 1987
- Employees: 10
- Corporate HQ: Centennial, CO
Our Planned Products
NioCorp plans to produce the following commercial products from Elk Creek:
- Ferroniobium (FeNb): Used in mega-steel infrastructure projects, oil and gas pipelines, vehicles, commercial aviation, aerospace, and defense systems.
- Scandium Trioxide (Sc2O3): Added to high-performance aluminum alloys used in the transportation, defense, commercial aviation and other industries.
- Titanium Dioxide (TiO2): Used in commercial and defense markets, including pigments, thin films, cosmetics, aircraft, armor, ships and other equipment.
NioCorp has the highest-grade primary Niobium resource in North America, and the only such resource under development in the U.S. Additional market opportunities are available from a co-product (Scandium) and a byproduct (Titanium). In all, NioCorp will produce three commercial products – all critical minerals – from a single ore body, which maximizes production and sales flexibility.
The Company’s three products are valuable superalloy additives used in large, diverse end markets, including transportation, aerospace and defense, oil and gas, advanced manufacturing and steel mega-structures. Niobium has a global market value of over $2 billion.
The Elk Creek Project is one of the few pure-play critical minerals projects in the U.S. with a definitive feasibility study completed, key U.S. federal permits already obtained, and strong support from local residents.
75% of the Company’s Niobium product (Ferroniobium) is already under an enforceable sales contract for the first 10 years of production. 50% of that offtake has been sold to ThyssenKrupp, which enables in-principle eligibility for the project of a German Government Loan Guarantee of approximately $130M.
Approximately 10% of the Project’s expected scandium production over 10 years has been sold to Traxys North America LLC, a global leader in specialty metals.
The Elk Creek Project has highly attractive mine economics:
A 32-year mine life with 3.4 year pre-tax payback period from production
A pre-tax Net Present Value (“NPV”) of $2.3 billion and Internal Rate of Return (“IRR”) of 24.3%; after-tax NPV of $1.7 billion and IRR of 21.7%
An average EBITDA of $389.6 million over operating life; average EBITDA margin over operating life of 69.5%
- The Project is led by a highly experienced Board of Directors and a seasoned management team led by veterans with decades of experience developing and operating mines and advanced materials facilities.
Connect with us socially!