INVESTOR DAY RSVP
Why We Are Unique
NioCorp is a unique company with a very unique flagship investment opportunity represented by the Elk Creek Superalloy Materials Project. This Project is one of the few pure-play critical minerals projects in the U.S. with a definitive feasibility study completed, key U.S. federal permits already obtained, and strong support from local residents in Nebraska. Here are just a few other reasons why NioCorp and the Elk Creek Project are so unique:
- The Company is guided by a Board of Directors and a senior management team that is one of the the most highly experienced in the industry. NioCorp’s CEO and Executive Board Chair, Mark Smith, has successfully raised more than US$3 billion in investment capital for various mining and advanced materials manufacturing companies.
- Mark Smith is the single largest individual shareholder in NioCorp, and he purchased the majority of his current holdings in NIoCorp on the open market prior to joining the Company.
- The Elk Creek Superalloy Materials Project represents the highest-grade primary Niobium resource in North America, and it is the only such resource under development in the U.S.
- All three of NIoCorp’s planned products have been designated as “Critical Minerals” by the U.S. Government.
- When operational, the Elk Creek Superalloy Materials Facility will inaugurate the first production in the U.S. in decades of Niobium, and the first-ever production in the U.S. of Scandium from a greenfield mine.
- 75% of the Company’s Niobium product (Ferroniobium) is already under an enforceable sales contract for the first 10 years of production.
- Approximately 10% of the Company’s expected Scandium production over its first 10 years of operations has been sold to Traxys North America LLC, a global leader in specialty metals.
- As a result of NioCorp’s pre-production sale of 50% of its expected Niobium production to ThyssenKrupp of Germany, NioCorp has received in-principle eligibility for a German Government Loan Guarantee of approximately $130M.
- The size of the Elk Creek deposit is large and has a very long (36 years) estimated mine life.
- The Elk Creek Project enjoys strong and widespread public support among local residents in Nebraska.
Superalloy Blog Posts
As the U.S. looks to repair crumbling infrastructure systems, I expect to see more high-performance steels (HPS) used in structures like bridges because of the many powerful benefits they deliver. HPS steels containing a small amount of ferroniobium – which NioCorp plans to produce in southeast Nebraska at our Elk Creek Superalloy Materials Project once we are funded and in operation – are among the strongest and most durable steels on the market today.
If a $2 trillion U.S. infrastructure package is enacted, it could create a major, long-term demand boom for the critical minerals needed by infrastructure and advanced transportation systems, according to NioCorp’s CEO Mark Smith.
One global macro trend is highly likely to accelerate in the aftermath of COVID-19: increased investment in domestic materials supply chains as a means of reducing the reliance of Western nations on supply chains in developing nations. Asia’s dominance in many strategic supply chains has become painfully obvious since the COVID-19 pandemic erupted.
Connect with us socially!