- NioCorp has the highest-grade primary Niobium resource in North America, and the only such resource under development in the U.S. Additional market opportunities are available from a co-product (Scandium) and a byproduct (Titanium). In all, NioCorp will produce three commercial products – all critical minerals – from a single ore body, which maximizes production and sales flexibility.
- The Company’s three products are valuable superalloy additives used in large, diverse end markets, including transportation, aerospace and defense, oil and gas, advanced manufacturing and steel mega-structures. Niobium has a global market value of over $2 billion.
- The Elk Creek Project is one of the few pure-play critical minerals projects in the U.S. with a definitive feasibility study completed, key U.S. federal permits already obtained, and strong support from local residents.
- 75% of the Company’s Niobium product (Ferroniobium) is already under an enforceable sales contract for the first 10 years of production. 50% of that offtake has been sold to ThyssenKrupp, which enables in-principle eligibility for the project of a German Government Loan Guarantee of — ~$130M.
- Approximately 10% of the Project’s expected scandium production over 10 years has been sold to Traxys North America LLC, a global leader in specialty metals.
- The Project is led by a seasoned management team led by veterans with decades of experience developing and operating mines and advanced materials facilities.
- The Elk Creek Project has highly attractive mine economics:
- A 32-year mine life with 3.4 year pre-tax payback period from production
- A pre-tax Net Present Value (“NPV”) of $2.3 billion and Internal Rate of Return (“IRR”) of 24.3%; after-tax NPV of $1.7 billion and IRR of 21.7%
- An average EBITDA of $389.6 million over operating life; average EBITDA margin over operating life of 69.5%
Connect with us socially!