NioCorp Developments Ltd. is a U.S.-based mineral development company focused on developing several superalloy metals from the proposed Elk Creek, Nebraska Critical Minerals Mine. This Project is one of the few pure-play critical minerals projects in the U.S. that has completed a positive definitive feasibility study, has already secured key U.S. federal permits, and enjoys strong state and local support.
- NioCorp Developments Ltd. is developing The Elk Creek Project, a very large underground deposit in southeast Nebraska that is rich in Niobium, Scandium and Titanium – superalloy metals that have all been designated as “critical minerals ” by the U.S. Government.
- Niobium is relatively scarce – there are only 3 primary Niobium mines in the world today – but growing demand has created a global market value of >$2 billion.1
- Niobium is considered so critical by the U.S. that it is one of a small handful of metals that the National Defense Stockpile purchases.2
- Increases in U.S. defense spending, infrastructure re-building, and transportation light-weighting efforts, all of which use Niobium, Scandium, and Titanium, are expected to increase demand for NioCorp’s products.
- NioCorp plans to produce the following commercial products from Elk Creek:
- Ferroniobium (FeNb): Used in mega-steel infrastructure projects, oil and gas pipelines, vehicles, commercial aviation, aerospace, and defense systems.
- Scandium Trioxide (Sc2O3): Added to high-performance aluminum alloys used in the transportation, defense, commercial aviation and other industries.
- Titanium Dioxide (TiO2): Used in commercial and defense markets, including pigments, thin films, cosmetics, aircraft, armor, ships and other equipment.
1 Source: Roskill 2017 report.
2 Source: DoD Strategic and Critical Materials reports.
Recent Financial Filings
Recent News Releases
Frequently Asked Questions
Investor Relations Contact
If you would like to receive alerts and news releases by email issued by NioCorp, go here to sign up.
Connect with us socially!